Facilitated Collaboration & Communication
True collaboration among grantees from multiple global institutions and diverse disciplines produces innovative and reproducible outcomes. A critical component of successful team research is skilled facilitation by subject experts, who can promote contextual verbal and written communication of early, shared outputs within the teams and the wider community.
- Identify open source workspace(s) for conducting and archiving discussions and co-authoring outputs.
- Investigate costs, levels of expertise and roles of existing research facilitators, and evaluations of team success as defined by outputs and researcher opinions.
- Partner with a funded research project amenable to (or conducting) facilitated collaboration and establish an experimental design for collecting evidence.
- Collect best practices for communicating early outputs and encouraging reviews/revisioning.
- Determine how collaborative behaviors in the workspace can be measured and incentivized.