Metrics that Credit All Contributions
A new credit or reputation system is proposed – one that tracks and measures participation in all aspects of team-based research, including often-overlooked contributions of more junior investigators as well as open and collaborative behaviors.
- Define research roles and open collaborative activities on a real-time, funded research project.
- Design technology and processes for defined activities to be reliably measured and credited to all individuals on research consortia.
- Develop a reporting system for researcher credits and the work they represent.
- Survey the attitudes and behaviors of researchers regarding alternative reputation systems.
- Facilitate the translation of credits to incentives and rewards by funders and academic institutions.